Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Discipline
Spec 2 : Shadow

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Why do you want to join Overdosed?:
I raided pretty seriously through TBC, and WotLK. I was on hiatus pretty much through all of the Cata expansion, and I’ve come to regret that a bit; I missed out on a lot of raiding content. I’d really like to get back into the raiding scene with competent, friendly players to progress through this new content.

How did you hear about Overdosed?:
I recently transferred to Stormreaver from a low populated server and Kates just happened to catch my attention on Trade chat. You want disc, you say? (:

What is your raid experience?:
Serious raiding experience in TBC and LK, so I’m not new to this. I’ve not been in a raiding guild for this expansion however, so my current content experience is kind of minimal. I’ve completed all raids prior to Throne of Thunder on normal. In Throne of Thunder I’ve experienced up until Iron Qon on normal.

Explain your glyphs:
Glyph of Penance, for an additional heal that can be cast during high movement encounters, even at the expense of a higher mana cost.

Glyph of Weakened Soul, more frequent bubbles on the tank(s) and it keeps me in sync with my Rapture.

Glyph of Smite, I often pair this with Glyph of Holy Fire when there is a lot of time where I can DPS/heal through atonement. Useful on fights such as Horridon where I have increased damage to the boss.

These are my favorites, although none of the glyphs available to Discipline are truly essential. I play around with them to find the most beneficial to each raid encounter and to suit my personal playstyle preferences.

Why did you choose your current spec? Please elaborate on why it works for you and any oddities in the spec.:
I really enjoy the playstyle of Discipline, preventing damage in addition to strong healing capabilities.

First tier, I change these talent options pretty frequently for pvp. Nothing in this tier has much use in most pve content.

Second tier, Body and Soul is generally my choice. It allows for fewer wasted GCDs with a speed buff directly linked to an ability that is used frequently. Angelic Feather is my alternative when I can spare the second to lay them down. The speed buff can be extremely useful, and... so much fun.

Third tier, I almost always stick with mindbender for the relatively short cooldown coupled with sufficient mana regen and additional DPS.

Fourth tier, Desperate Prayer is my life-saver when need be.

Fifth tier, Power Infusion is a useful cooldown that I can pop to quickly pick up AOE heals, or just prepare for incoming AOE damage when combined with spirit shell.

Sixth tier, Cascade is the most mana efficient heal in this tier with a relatively short cooldown and high throughput.

What sites/players do you use to research your class?:
001) howtopriest.com
002) icy-veins.com
003) noxxic.com

During progression, we sometimes need to stay an extra 30 minutes to finish up a boss. Will you be able to stay late if requested?:
Absolutely.

What is your age?:

Do you have a reliable computer / internet service?:
Yeah.

Do you have vent and a working mic?:
Yes

Please include a screen shot of your raiding set up.:
Click.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

Last edited by xWhy on 2013/05/22 2:40; edited 1 time in total
DarkTangent
In-Game Rank 2

re: APPROVED - App: xWhy - by KatesOD

It looks like you've had some real experience raiding in the distance past which is good. I also thought you handled mechanics pretty well in ToT this week. In your screenshot I can't tell if you have any raiding addons. Do you use anything to track rapture?

Oh btw nice giraffe Happy
xWhy

I do have an addon that tracks my rapture, but it only pops up as it is counting down, and to alert me when it's ready. That's why it's not visible. That and DBM are pretty much the extent of my raiding addons.

Ohthankyou. XD Click, here's a less random screenshot.

Last edited by xWhy on 2013/05/20 1:02; edited 1 time in total
Kirrva

I was happy with your heals and awareness in the raid. Just need to speak up a little more. Dont be afraid to yell over people if you need to say something. But im more than happy to have you in the group
Meriu

re: hurray

my new priest bestie Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Overdosed Forum Index -> Applicants All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum